Suffield is a Clean Energy Communities participant and we want to share an award-winning energy-saving program with you. Home Energy Solutions? is a convenient, in-home service brought to our community by Eversource and Energize ConnecticutSM. Participating in Home Energy Solutions saves you money on energy bills and makes your home more comfortable year round.
Home Energy Solutions includes an energy assessment and on-the-spot energy improvements done by a professional contractor. This service is valued at an average of $1,000 and saves a typical customer $200 each year. Today, the cost for this visit is only $99 but it will increase to $124 beginning September 1, 2016. Although that is still a great deal, if you sign up by August 31, 2016, you can put that extra $25 towards a fun, summer activity.
Some of what you receive through Home Energy Solutions:
- An on-site energy assessment by an Eversource-authorized contractor
- Energy-saving light bulbs
- Water-saving measures
- Sealing around doors, windows, floor joists, and any other areas where your cool, air conditioned air can escape
- Safety tests on your heating equipment
- A report detailing your home’s performance before and after the changes
- Recommendations for future upgrades and incentives to help pay for them
Suffield has been active in Clean Energy Communities. This nationally-recognized Energize Connecticut program helps cities and towns save energy and increase the installation of renewable energy. Eversource is currently working with Suffield to reach our energy goals and reduce municipal building energy consumption by 20 percent by 2018.
Plus, your participation in Energize Connecticut programs such as Home Energy Solutions earns Suffield points toward Bright Idea Grants. These grants fund energy-saving projects in our community.
Visit EnergizeCT.com/HES or call 877-WISE-USE (877-947-3873) for more information and to sign up.